What are Team Leaders?
Team Leaders foster a support network for incoming Georgia Tech students by building relationships with students in GT 1000 & 2000 classes, introducing them to Georgia Tech resources, and helping familiarize them with campus culture. Team Leaders serve as resources to GT 1000/2000 instructors by communicating student needs, assisting in classroom presentations, and building a classroom community.
Team Leader Applications are now open!
Now accepting applications for Fall & Summer 2023
Benefits of Being a TL
There are a number of benefits to being a GT 1000 or 2000 Team Leader. In addition to helping our newest students transitions successfully to Georgia Tech, as a TL, you will also build a number of your own skills! The TL experience will allow you to:
- Strengthen your personal leadership identity
- Collaborate with GT faculty, staff, & students
- Develop and improve your public speaking skills
- Enhance your understanding of Georgia Tech culture and resources
- Participate in unique professional development workshops and training, designed just for TLs
Qualifications to be a TL
Team Leaders serve as mentors and role models to new Georgia Tech students. As such, we look for motivated, dependable, and enthusiastic undergraduate students. The minimum requirements to serve as a TL are:
- Completed at least one semester at Georgia Tech and will be a currently enrolled undergraduate in the semester you wish to serve as a TL.
- Earned at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA at Georgia Tech. This will be verified with the Registrar’s Office.
- Attend mandatory Team Leader Training. Students who do not attend TL training will not be permitted to serve as a Team Leader.
- Be in Good Academic Standing and Good Judicial Standing. This will be verified with the Dean of Students’ Office.
- Be willing to commit to spending at least two hours per week. (One hour attending the class and one hour meeting with the instructor outside of class expected.)
- Enjoy working with and mentoring first-year or transfer students.
- Promote and support the GT 1000 & 2000 program.
All students interested in serving as a TL in either GT 1000 or 2000 must complete the online application. After applications have been reviewed by program staff, candidates will be notified via email if they have been selected for an in-person interview.
- Applications for Team Leaders open in November and close in Spring. Applications for the upcoming academic year: 2023 TL Application
- All Team Leaders, both new and returning, are required to submit an application.
- After applications have been reviewed, applicants will be notified via email if they have been selected for an interview. (New TLs only)
- Interviews will be held in Spring 2023 (New TLs only) and applicants will be notified of final selections by early April.