Why GT 1000 & 2000?
GT 1000 & 2000 classes are small and discussion-based, offering first-year students a unique opportunity to take a class where they learn about the history, resources, and traditions of Georgia Tech, meet and bond with other new students, work closely with faculty and administrators, and learn important skills critical to their success at Georgia Tech.
The goal of all GT 1000 & 2000 classes is to support incoming Tech students and to help them to have a smooth, successful transition to Georgia Tech. GT 1000 & 2000 enroll students in every school, major, and department, and our Team Leaders and Instructors are dedicated to helping incoming students to thrive at Tech.
GT 1000 & 2000 courses meet once a week for 50 minutes. All classes are small and discussion-based, so that students who take GT 1000 & 2000 have the opportunity to meet their peers, TLs, and instructor.
All GT 1000 & 2000 sections cover the following topics, which are essential to success in the first year at Georgia Tech and beyond:
- Leadership, collaboration, and effective team dynamics
- Academic success strategies and skills (time management, study skills, etc.)
- Academic planning and degree mapping
- Resume writing and career exploration
- Campus resources and co-curricular opportunities, including co-ops & internships, study abroad, undergraduate research, and many more!
- Georgia Tech history and traditions
Access the GT 1000 & 2000 Online Textbook
This textbook is free & open access